If your teenager has dysgraphia they will either write quickly and messily, or slowly but very neatly. They might lose their place when reading, misspell words and misread words. They might be saying that the letters move on the page as they read.
A weakness in this area will cause problems in reading, spelling, writing, maths, science and speech.
Does your teenager:
- have messy handwriting, or
- have very neat handwriting that exhausts them
- have irregular spelling
- have difficulty in copying written material from a board
- make careless errors in maths and/or
- have difficulty in keeping his or her place when reading.
How the Arrowsmith Program helps
The Motor Symbol Sequencing exercise in the Arrowsmith Program will:
- improve your teenager's handwriting, making it neater, faster and more accurate.
- reduce the number of 'careless' errors your teenager makes
- improve your teenager's eye-hand co-ordination,
- improve your teenager's fine motor skills.
- speed up your teenager's reading as he or she won't lose their place, words won't get skipped and the letters will stop seeming to move
- improve your teenager's spelling
- make your teenager's speech more precise
- allow your teenager to write more easily
If Motor Symbol Sequencing is a problem for your teenager or a teenager you know:
for a no obligations chat about how the Arrowsmith Program can help