The Motor Symbol Sequencing function allows your child to learn and produce a written sequence of symbols. Eyes will not travel smoothely across the page, giving the illusion that the letters move. A weakness in this area will cause problems in reading, spelling, writing, maths, science and speech.
Does your child:
- have messy handwriting, or
- have very neat handwriting that exhausts them
- have irregular spelling
- misread known words
- say the letters move on the page as they read
- have difficulty in copying written material from a board
- make careless errors in maths and/or
- have difficulty in keeping his or her place when reading?
How the Arrowsmith Program can help children with writing problems:
The Motor Symbol Sequencing exercise in the Arrowsmith Program will:
- improve your child's handwriting, making it neater, faster and more accurate.
- reduce the number of 'careless' errors your child makes
- improve your child's eye-hand co-ordination
- improve your child's fine motor skills
- speed up your child's reading as he or she won't lose their place, words won't get skipped and the letters will stop seeming to move
- improve your child's spelling
- make your child's speech more precise
- allow your child to write more easily
If Motor Symbol Sequencing is a problem for your child or a child you know:
for a no obligations chat about how the Arrowsmith Program can help children with writing problems.